What to look for in store:
- Look for Spanish origin Persimon®
- A fabulous bright orange skin
- A shape that will be larger and longer than other persimmons
A Persimon® from Ribera del Xúquer will be firm to the touch and is perfect for eating right away, or at least wait until you get home!
How to store them at home:
Persimons from Ribera del Xúquer are ready to eat when you bring them home from the grocery store. Store them in a bowl on the counter, separated from other fruit.
How to eat:
Like an apple, you can eat it with the skin on or peel it first. Eat it fresh out-of-hand…go ahead, sink your teeth right in. Not in the mood for eating out-of-hand? No problem, simply discard the top of the Persimon®, as you would an apple stem, leave the skin on or peel it and cut the fruit into wedges/segments.
Preparing a Persimon®:
If you’d prefer to skip the video, though Persimon® Says… ‘You shouldn’t,” you can sneak a peek at the following photo instructions – they, too, were created by my British friends.
How to cut the persimmon
- Persimons make a naturally sweet and healthy lunch or anytime snack
- Add Persimon® wedges/slices to your morning cereal
- Serve Persimon® with yogurt or ice-cream
- Persimon® is the perfect addition to salads